The ATM cave is the most popular in the country. First, hike through the jungle, then ford an underground lake to the main chambers, where pottery and skeletons await…
The Belize ATM Cave is no stranger to the spotlight. The Discovery Channel, National Geographic, and the History Channel have each done documentaries on this fantastic caving system.
The ATM (Actun Tunichil Muknal) Cave starts with a brief swim across an underground lake. You then exit into the beginning of the cave’s humongous chamber, where Mayan pottery, alters, and bones from human sacrifices lie in an undisturbed state. The most incredible of these artifacts is the “Crystal Maiden,” a complete human skeleton preserved in calcium carbonate. For the Maya, caves symbolized their relationship with the nether world, and nowhere is this more apparent than at the ATM Cave.
Our guides were some of the first to explore the ATM Cave. They are stakeholders in this historic site, and are involved in its archeology. They are passionate about sharing their knowledge, and are trained to safely guide your through this subterranean treasure.
- Tour name: Belize ATM Cave
- Tour duration: minutes
- Groups sizes limited to 8 people.
- Private trips upon request.
- Includes caving equipment, entrance fees, taxes and transfers from Belize City and the Cayo area.
- Senior Guide with extensive knowledge of the Belize ATM Cave.
- Includes a lunch of homemade flour tortillas with beans, chicken, a special sauce and fresh vegetable filling.
- Includes water, soft drinks, and Belikin beer.
- Flights from the Cayes to Belize Municipal Airport can be arranged
- Bring or wear sturdy shoes that can get wet. No dive booties or Tevas.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing. Shorts, t-shirts, swimwear is fine.
- Dry bags will be available for your photography equipment.
- Pack a fresh set of clothes to change into after the cave tour.
- Please leave travel documents, jewelery, and other valuables items in your hotel room.
Pricing for the Belize ATM Caving Tour:
2 – 4 people: US$ 135 per person
5 – 8 people: US$ 120 per person
For reservations, please fill out the form below. We reply to all inquiries within 12 hours.